Of all the semesters, this break is the one I’ve longed for the most so far. All throughout this past week I keep thinking to myself, “this is why I love being home in the South.” So I’d like to share some of those things with you. For you Yankees, I know you might not understand because you don’t know anything else, but believe me, you’re missing out.
I love being home in the south away from school because…..
- It’s warm
- Everything is so lush and beautiful
- I don’t have to fill out a pass to go somewhere
- I get to work outside and move around
- people are friendlier
- I get to hang out with the family and do family stuff
- I have my own room
- I don’t have a bed time
- I can have a little more personal style in my clothing
- there’s lots of food to eat whenever I want
- I get to go hang out at the local ball park
- I get to help around the house (makes me feel like I’m in the family again)
- the internet doesn’t shut down at 11pm
- I have more time to read and write
That’s a short list, but there’s plenty more where that came from. I just can’t say it enough, I love being home. Here’s some pictures I’ve taken from this past week.