This is my last day on campus. Early tomorrow I’m leaving with my friend to go back home, and I’ll be hanging out with my family tomorrow night. It’s been 4 months since I’ve seen my parents and siblings, and I’m definitely excited about being with them again.
I look back on this year as the fastest segment of time in my life. It went by so quick, and yet there were so many huge changes that took place in my life that its hard to believe that it all happened so seemingly quickly.
I learned three big lessons this year. 1) You can buck and run, but you’ll always face the same problem in different forms wherever you go. 2) I’m learning which hills are worth dieing on and which ones I need to surrender for the time being. 3) Just because I’m burdened for something, doesn’t mean I need to be involved in it, let alone be the main man. It’s better to do one thing well than 10 things poorly.
I was meditating in my devotions this morning about how I should have journaled what happened because there was so much that happened that I no I won’t remember it all. I can’t write it all out, but I want to give some highlights.
- Nerd Day (impersonating Steve Urkel)
- Pranking my roommate who has an insect phobia
- Revival week
- Sauna nights
- Foreign roommates (Lithuania, St. Vincent, and Minnesota)
- Gaining 2 more best friends
- T4G Conference
- Katrina reconstruction missions trip
- Playing on my cousin’s worship team for Easter
- Learning how to swing dance
- Living on my own during Thanksgiving break
- Working with Open Eyes
- Building a 15ft snow man
- Making an igloo and drinking hot chocolate in it with friends
- Singspirations with guys packed in our room
- Winning the hot dog eating contest (10 hot dogs in 3min)
- Going to people’s houses off campus (Lamansky, Poh, Brownfield, Trondle)
- Living in luxury with my roommate who was in quarantine for chicken pox
I’m sure if I sat here long enough I could keep going on, but this gives you an idea of some of the good times I had. Next year I’m a Junior, and with it comes a whole new set of classes, life lessons, drama, and memories.Advertisement: